Steel City Media
KCKC – KC 102.1
Ultimate Backyard Makeover Contest
Official Rules for Ultimate Backyard Makeover contest
Contest is sponsored by Continental Siding, Instant Shade, Johnson Farms Plants & Pumpkins, and Westlake ACE Hardware.
- Promotion Event dates are March 21, 2016 to April 30, 2016.2. To qualify to participate in the Ultimate Backyard Makeover Contest;
- Those wanting to participate in the contest have two ways of registering to win:
- Register to win on-site at Continental Siding at 13714 E 42nd Terrace S, Independence, MO or Johnson Farms Plants & Pumpkins at 17701 Holmes Rd, Belton, MO during the promotional dates by the following method:
- Filling out a registration slip at one of the locations above and placing it in the registration box for random draw
- Registration at the locations will take place between March 21, 2016 and April 27, 2016
- OR, listen to KC 102.1 between April 4, 2016 and April 29, 2016 and be the appropriately-numbered caller when prompted to call in by KC 102.1 jocks
- Qualifiers will be taken between the hours of 7am and 8am, 9am and 10am, 11am and 12pm, 1pm and 2pm, 3pm and 4pm, and 5pm and 6pm, Monday to Friday
- Must be at least 18 years of age to enter contest
- All entry forms must be filled out completely to participate in the contest
- Notification of qualifiers:
- Between March 21, 2016 and April 29, 2016 approximately 102 qualifiers will be contacted via phone or email by a member of the KCKC staff of their qualifying status
- All qualifiers will be given information about the grand prize giveaway by April 29, 2016
- For the promotion event date of April 30, 2016, a Steel City Media staff member will announce the grand prize winner at Continental Siding locations. Qualifiers must be present at event on April 30, 2016 to win the Ultimate Backyard Makeover contest
- The actual “Ultimate Backyard Makeover” contest will take place on Saturday, April 30, 2016. All pre-qualifiers must be checked in at the KCKC promotional tent area located at one of Continental Sidings locations (location to-be-determined and to be told to all qualifiers before April 29, 2016) before 1pm (unless otherwise noted by KCKC staff members to qualifiers before April 29, 2016) To check in all qualifiers must be present to win with photo I.D. No agents or substitutions will be accepted. In the event a pre-qualifier fails to appear no additional names will be drawn to take place in the contest. At the event, all qualifiers who appear will be submitted to a random draw (to be determined by KCKC staff before April 29, 2016) and one grand prize winner be selected. Grand prize elements are listed in section 5. Winner is responsible for any other additional fees and taxes. Steel City Media always has the final say in winner selection and has the right to veto or change any random draw decision.
- Grand Prize – The winner of the Ultimate Backyard Makeover Contest will receive the following items and remodeling elements for their house. The grand prize winner will receive one of the following:
- Custom deck 14 feet x 12 feet with CCA including 4 steps and wooden railing from Continental Siding – $7,500 maximum value
- Tree Transplanting from Instant Shade – up to $2,500 value
- Gift certificate to Johnson Farms Plants and Pumpkins – $300 maximum value
- Newport 5 piece dining set from Westlake ACE Hardware – $399.99 MSRP
- Weber Spirit E-210 Gas Grill from Westlake ACE Hardware – $399.99 MSRP
- Fire Pit from Integrity Homes – $3,000 value
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN CONTEST.
One entry per person will be allowed. All duplicate entry forms will be discarded after the first.
The Station will designate the required method of entry/winning.
Station and Sponsors reserve the right to prohibit the participation of an individual from any or all Station contests if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation.
Station contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.
All entries become the property of the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned. Station is not responsible for failure to comply with the contest rules. Failure to comply may result in a contestant’s disqualification solely at the discretion of Steel City Media.
Steel City Media and their sponsors are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest, or in the announcement of a prize.
- Winners are required to sign a Steel City Media Winner Release Form, present a valid United States state or federal photo ID and a valid social security number in order to pick up any prize. Any person who refuses to sign the Release and/or provide photo identification, social security number required by the Station may forfeit prize,
- No person will be entitled to receive any prize until after their eligibility has been confirmed or accepted by Station and all required paperwork has been completed by the pending winner within the required deadlines.
- Prizes are non-transferable and restrictions may apply.
- The Station disclaims all warranties of any kind regarding said prize(s). All prizes are accepted “as is.”
- Prizes are limited to one winner per household every 30 days unless otherwise stated. Major winners of prizes valued at $600.00 or more may only win once per year from the date of winning.
- Winners receiving a total value of prizing in excess of $300 throughout the year will receive a 1099 form for the total dollar amount of all prizing won during the year in which the prize/s were received. All applicable federal, state and local taxes and fees are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winners may be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent.
- There is no cash option for Grand prize. The prizes are expressly limited to the ones listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
- Station reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for all contests and giveaways. Non-cash prizes are not redeemable for cash unless cash option is listed in the rules.
- Winner does hereby release and agree to indemnify and to save and hold harmless employees and representatives of the Station and its Sponsors from any and all liability claims and demands resulting in any manner from the prize(s) or future use of the prize(s).
- With the exception of concert and event tickets, Prizes that are not picked up by the Winner within 30 days of winning will be forfeited.
- Steel City Media and all contest sponsors are not liable for any damages to any prize after is awarded to the winner
- All prizes awarded or paperwork requirements must be handled at the Station’s studios located at 508 Westport Road, Kansas City, Missouri 64111, Monday thru Friday, excluding holidays, during the hours of 9 am and 5 pm.
- By participating in the contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, recorded voice, likeness, and biographical material used in any promotional, advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, any advertisers or sponsors associated with this contest and their products and services, Steel City Media (and its licensee, corporate parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates) without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, Steel City Media in its sole discretion may require contest winners (and their travel companions, if any) to sign a liability release, agreeing to hold Steel City Media, its corporate licensee, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated corporations, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest.
- Steel City Media reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to make changes in the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of Steel City Media, an event is rescheduled, postponed or cancelled beyond our control, Steel City Media reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
Copies of the written contest rules and a list of winners (when complete) are available during regular business hours at the main studio of Steel City Media, 508 Westport Road Suite 202 Kansas City MO 64111
Agreement to Official Rules and Decisions: By participating in this contest, each entrant and prize winner fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entrants, the selection of winners, and the awarding of the prizes), which are final and binding in all respects.
General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole direction, to terminate, modify or suspend this contest if, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of this Sweepstakes, or if viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties, acts of God or failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion (but does not have any obligation) to award each Grand Prize at random from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received up to the time of suspected impairment prior to termination, modification or suspension. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Entry process or the operation of this contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of the Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision of the Official Rules.
Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Contest shall constitute permission of Sponsor, its parent and affiliated companies, or its agents, to use each winner’s name, prize won, hometown, likeness for purposes of advertising, Sweepstakes and publicity (including online posting) in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission.
Release: By entering the contest, each entrant forever and irrevocably releases and holds harmless the Station, their parent and affiliated companies, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any liability whatsoever, and waives any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes or delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of or inability to use prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.